Looking for answers? You've come to the right place.
What are the rules of the Exchange Page?
This group was set up by Watch Gang as a resource for its subscribers as a tool to exchange and discuss its watches. This group is not a customer service site, it is solely meant to facilitate the sale and exchange of watches.
The number one rule which has been in place since day one…
Don't be a jerk! Be excellent to each other. No bullying or harassment of any kind. Please just be decent to one another. We're all here in this group because we love watches.
MEMBER SUPPORT: If you need member support or have Watch Gang service related question or issue, please send it directly to Member Support via one of the ways listed below. We truly want you to get the most accurate information as possible and these methods will get you straight to the Watch Gang Member Support team, who are equipped to most accurately answer your question:
email@example.com (Original, Black and General Inquiries)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Platinum & Centum)
email@example.com (EXCHANGE related emails)
Call: (844) 413-7017
Fax: (310) 340-2963
Watch Gang takes ALL feedback seriously. If you would like to submit feedback DIRECTLY to Watch Gang, please utilize the following link: https://watchgang.com/feedback In addition to the resources mentioned above, Watch Gang also has a great help section on their website, which has answers to very commonly asked FAQ's and other information regarding its subscription/other services. That can be found with the following link --->> help.watchgang.com
* Please DO NOT PM Matt Gallagher directly or tag him in your posts as he does not monitor them. He wants your problem resolved as quickly as possible and it will be solved much faster by going through appropriate channels, we promise! Trust our team, that any questions will not be answered without speaking with Matt before-hand as the Moderators of this page have been selected by Matt himself.
PLEASE NOTE: The Watch Gang Exchange is NOT PART of a Watch Gang membership package BUT a bonus perk we offer to all our members. Watch Gang reserves the right to limit access to the exchange as it sees fit.
As a part of moderating the page, members of the WGE Team (moderator or administrator) PM members of the group to confirm their account status. As a part of this supersize, members are required to provide the WGE Team member with their subscription email address so that they can verify the members account status. Failure to provide a subscription email address will result in a mute within the group and, possibly, removal from the group.
* If you need help or have a question RELATED TO THE WATCH GANG EXCHANGE Facebook Group, please tag a WGE Team Member (Kayla Porterfield, Bob Smith, Brent Azus or Mark A. Andrews) in a post or send them a private message on Facebook.
* PLEASE READ ALL of the rules below carefully and FOLLOW THEM while interacting/participating on the Watch Gang Exchange (WGE). In the event that a rule is not followed by a member, a warning will be received from a WGE administrator or moderator. AFTER FIVE (5) WARNINGS the member WILL BE REMOVED from the group. AFTER REMOVAL, members may contact Watch Gang (WG) to dispute the removal and request the matter to be reviewed by sending an email to: EXCHANGE@WATCHGANG.COM. WG reserves the right to remove any post and/or member from WGE anytime, at its discretion.
* PLEASE NOTE: In order to properly monitor and provide administrative assistance on WGE, the administrators and moderators need to be able to read all posts and send messages to WGE members. Accordingly, WGE members CANNOT block ANY member of the WGE administrative/moderator team. IF a WGE team member is BLOCKED ON FACEBOOK, the member will be removed from the group. This is an AUTOMATIC REMOVAL and NOT SUBJECT TO
* The NUMBER ONE RULE which has been in place since day one...Don't be jerks! Be excellent to each other. No bullying or harassment of any kind. Please just be decent to one another. We're all here in this group because we love watches.
* NO BUSINESS PROMOTION posts of any kind are allowed without the approval of a Watch Gang administrator. This includes posting of your business contact details or actively marketing to WGE members via posts or other means. This includes the addition of a business card in your post.
* NO PROMOTION OR LINKING of other Facebook groups. This includes discussions of other Facebook groups, their members and former WGE members. All such posts will be deleted WITHOUT NOTICE.
* FAKES/REPLICAS/COUNTERFEIT WATCHES (or any other type of fake item for that matter) are NOT ALLOWED to be POSTED, SOLD, TRADED or DISCUSSED on the Watch Gang Exchange Facebook Group. ALL posts with replica/fake watches will be REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE and the member may be subject to removal from the group. This includes sales posts, general questions, informational posts as well as "want to buy" posts.
PLEASE NOTE: The posting of a legitimate question of whether a watch is genuine is okay. However, once it is determined to be fake, the post will be removed.
* TROLLING, BAITING, BULLYING, HARASSING and other INTENTIONALLY inflammatory posts are NOT PERMITTED. This also includes, doxing. Do not participate in witch hunts in the group. If someone screwed over another member, they will be added to our "alert" post with proper due diligence. This is to protect everyone from participating in risky trades/purchases. These types of behavior in the group will NOT BE TOLERATED and will be dealt with swiftly and all members involved are subject to REMOVAL FROM THE GROUP WITHOUT NOTICE OR EXPLANATION.
***SALE, TRADE AND AUCTION RULES***
* Sale, trade and auction posts ARE REVIEWED AND CONFIRMED by WGE Team Members on a frequent basis. As a result, group members ARE REQUIRED to provide information to support the fact that they are, indeed, Watch Gang subscribers. If this is not provided, the post under review is subject to removal, as well as the person that posted it.
* If you're buying or selling something, use PayPal Goods & Services (NOT FRIENDS & FAMILY) and ship to a verified address. If you're trading, we recommend buying your shipping label from PayPal or stamps.comand only shipping once you each have tracking numbers. We encourage members to ALWAYS INSURE your shipments to cover any losses due to damage, loss or theft.
***QUALIFICATIONS TO SELL, TRADE OR AUCTION ON WGE***
(1) Only ACTIVE Watch Gang subscribers may post watches for sale, trade or auction on WGE. If you ARE NOT a subscriber, you can still participate (buy, offer trade and/or bid ONLY) in all sale, trade or auctions, but can't initiate a new post.
(2) Non-subscribers and/or non-active subscribers CANNOT POST ITEMS for sale/trade on WGE. This applies even if the post is not initiated by them, such as a group/flash sale post.
(3) A WGE member is considered an “active subscriber” if:
- They have a current paid subscription
with Watch Gang for the month, or
- They have an account with Watch Gang which is on hold AND have current purchase activity during the month (wheel or flash sale purchases). Both of these criteria apply during the month that the FSOT post is placed on WGE by the member.
(4) If a Watch Gang Member has an INACTIVE subscription, they have 30 days from that inactive date to continue to sell on WGE. Once the 30 days end, they are no longer permitted to sell on WGE. Inactive Watch Gang Members MAY CONTINUE selling IF they have activity on thewheel.comAND buy a minimum of 100 points a month. Any member of WGE may have their selling privileges revoked at any time WITHOUT WARNING, if found breaking any of the other page
(5) If you are on a Quarterly Subscription or ‘On Demand”, you are considered an active member for the month that you receive a shipment. For the month that you receive a shipment, you can sell. The months that you do not have a shipment coming (wheel or subscription), you are considered “not active” and will not be permitted to sell on WGE.
***RESTRICTION ON “BUMPS” AND COMMENTS***
* ONLY ONE "BUMP" (Bring My Post Up) is allowed on ANY sale, trade or auction post within a 12 hours period. Sale, trade or auction posts that are bumped in excess of this standard are subject to being SHUT DOWN for comments or completely DELETED from the WGE group page. For AUCTIONS, this rule includes auction timing updates and reminders of who/what the top bid/bidders are (NOT allowed). The ONLY comments allowed are answers to questions within the posts. This rule has been put in place to allow ALL posts to receive the same exposure and opportunity to be viewed by members.
(1) ALL Sales posts MUST INCLUDE a PHOTO of the watch AND a PRICE for each item being sold.
(2) The watch MUST be in the POSSESSION of the subscriber at the time the item is posted and CANNOT include an item if it is PRESALE/SPIN Watch or a presale of a Watch Gang subscription watch or flash sale item. The watch must be the property of the seller and not another party/seller. The post must include an ACTUAL PHOTO of the watch that will be received. All items offered for (or in exchange for) sale, trade or auction MUST include an ACTUAL PHOTO of the item (if missing post will be deleted). Photos must also be included in posts looking to trade for "ISO" a specific
If you do not have the watch available to you and in your physical possession, you cannot offer it for sale, trade or as an auction item on WGE. This includes watches in transit rom the wheel or otherwise not immediately available to ship. No exceptions allowed. All posts that aren’t in accordance with the "possession” requirement will be deleted.
(3) Watch Gang DOES NOT PERMIT the sale of promotional items or items intended to advertise outside Facebook Groups or Communities. All posts containing these items will be deleted WITHOUT NOTICE.
(4) PAYMENT PLANS ARE NOT PERMITTED. All sales MUST include only one payment, no multiple or delayed payments are allowed.
(5) GROUP SALE POSTS ARE NOT PERMITTED (posts where multiple members posts watches/items for sale), including group flash sales. All sales posts should include only the one seller. Sales with vague terms, such as “let’s see what you have for sale” or “post what you have” will be deleted. All ISO posts must be specific to the original poster’s buying intent and not general in nature.
DISCLAIMER: if you post one a "i have $x show me what you got" you absorb extra risk by buying from a potential non-member. Please understand we have rules regarding non-subscribers and they are not allowed to sell in these types of posts.
(6) The SALE or AUCTION of MYSTERY/BLIND boxes/watches is NOT PERMITTED on WGE. All items being sold or traded MUST BE known to the buyers and listed in the post. All items offered in exchange for an item listed for trade MUST include an ACTUAL PHOTO of the item (all items) and be in the possession of the person offering it for sale or trade.
There cannot be mystery items of any kind in an auction, including “giveaway” or other “free” items.
ALL items, including incentive items, need to include a photograph in the auction post.
(7) The sale of firearms and firearm related accessories is NOT allowed on WGE. Knives are okay, but only in exchange for watches.
(8) Alcohol, Animal and Vehicle sales and trades are not allowed.
(9) Drugs and drug paraphernalia are not allowed to be sold or posted on WGE. These posts will be deleted without notice.
(10) DO NOT post links to your sales on other Facebook groups or outside auction sites (eBay). If you wish to post an item for sale, please use the SALE feature on WGE only. All outside links will be deleted WITHOUT NOTICE.
(11) If your sales post excludes an item, such as extra links, boxes, papers or other items that originally came with the watch, it is assumed that they will come with the watch as a part of the sale. If they are not a part of the sale, each excluded item MUST be specifically listed in the sales post.
(1) Watch Gang (WG) is not liable for any trades made on Watch Gang Exchange (WGE) between it’s members. Prior to agreeing to a trade, it is strongly encouraged that you ask your trading partner for references on prior transactions completed on the Exchange. It is understood that all trades make on the exchange are done so at your own risk.
(2) In the event that something goes wrong during a trade, please CONTACT THE WGE MODERATORS to help mediate the situation. DO NOT create a post regarding your situation, blasting your trading partner on the Exchange. Blasting members in a post will be removed without warning and can result in being muted and/or removed from Watch Gang Exchange.
(3) If the watch that you receive as a part of a trade is defective, you should contact your trading partner. Once this is completed, please coordinate with trading partner to return the watch to the manufacturer or WG for a repair. If needed, you can ask a WGE moderator to assist with this process. If the trading partner refuses to assist with returning the defective watch for repair, the trading partner may be subject to muting and/or removal from WGE.
(4) IMPORTANT- ALL SALES AND TRADES OF BNIB watches received from Watch Gang MUST BE INSPECTED PRIOR to being offered for sale or trade. If, after a sale or trade has been completed, the watch is found to be defective, the ORIGINAL owner assumes all responsibility for ratifying the issue. In these situations, it is recommended that the transaction be REVERSED and all watches be RETURNED to the original trading partner. Refusing to reverse a trade or refund to correct the issue may be subject to muting and/or removal from Watch Gang Exchange.
(5) If your trade post excludes to list an item, such as extra links, boxes, papers or other items that originally came with the watch, it is assumed that they will come with the watch as a part of the trade. If they are not a part of the trade, each excluded item MUST be specifically listed in the trade
(6) If you need assistance with completing a trade and don’t feel comfortable doing it on your own, feel free to reach out to Brent Azus for assistance.
* Trade Value is SUGGESTED to be included in a trade post, to assist with the efficiency of post responses, but NOT REQUIRED.
* NON WATCH ITEMS can ONLY be posted for TRADE on WGE. The post must NOT include any mention of selling the item. Sales of non-watch items is NOT allowed and sales posts of non-watch items will be DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE. All items offered in exchange for an item listed for trade MUST include an ACTUAL PHOTO of the item and must include a description/rating of its physical/mechanical condition. Items offered in trade must be in the possession of the person and its identity/model information must be known by the person trading it as well as the person receiving it. PLEASE NOTE: This applies to items that aren't directly used with/for watches. For example, watch straps, winders and watch boxes are allowed to be sold. Bracelets and other types of jewelry are considered non-watch item under this and ALL OTHER WGE sales guidelines. Accordingly, they can only be traded, not sold or auctioned.
* Watch Gang wheel points are ineligible to be included in a trade on WGE.
* The TRADE of MYSTERY/BLIND boxes/watches ARE permitted on WGE. These trades MUST be initiated by an ACTIVE SUBSCRIBER. It is important to understand that the items in these trades are UNKNOWN, so the trades are undertaken at your own risk. Both sides of the exchange must be a mystery/blind trade, any other type of mystery transaction is not allowed. The contents of trade or lack thereof, are not the responsibility of Watch Gang, or Watch Gang Exchange Admin Team. Please note, the failure to ship a trade will be treated the same way as any other trade.
* We have created a "TRADE ALERT POST" which identifies those individuals and includes information regarding why they should be avoided. Please contact a moderator if you are having issues and would like someone considered for adding to the list. Here is a link to that post -->> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1150505538364082?view=permalink&id=1631611246920173
(1) ONLY ONE (1) auction can be held by a WGE member/subscriber at one time. The MINIMUM time for an auction is 12 hours and the MAXIMUM time period for an auction is 48 hours. NO extensions or anti-sniping provisions are allowed to be provided. The auction CANNOT set a reserve and cannot end early. The post MUST include a starting price, actual photo of the watch(es) and/or items being sold, bid increments, end date/time and a description/rating of its physical/mechanical condition. The winning bid includes all costs to the buyer, including shipping/handling charges. If a post does not comply with these guidelines, it will be removed.
(2) The seller must shut off comments at the specified end time of the auction to help determine winner of auction. Accordingly, the seller must be available to do so in their post at the end of auction time.
(3) Auctions must be primarily watch related and a majority (75%+) of the value of the auction items must consist of watches and watch related items.
(4) Purposely bumping/bidding on auctions with the intent of artificially inflating auction bids is PROHIBITED. If a GROUP of members CONSPIRES to bid as a group to manipulate auctions, all members of the group will be placed on an immediate MUTE from commenting on WGE for a minimum of 3 days, with the potential of being REMOVED from the WGE permanently.
(5) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If a winning auction bid is from a member with a mailing address outside of your home country, additional shipping costs of up to $15 may be added. Any shipping costs in excess of this maximum amount ($15) will be the responsibility of the seller.
(6) If your auction post excludes to list an item, such as extra links, boxes, papers or other items that originally came with the watch, it is assumed that they will come with the watch as a part of the auction. If they are not a part of the auction, each excluded item MUST be specifically listed in the auction post.
* Raffles or "waffles" are NOT ALLOWED to be held, promoted, discussed or mentioned in WGE. This rule includes all other posts which involve gambling, contests for value and other giveaways which involve risk of loss by the participants. All posts including any of these items will be removed.
PLEASE NOTE: Watch Gang was advised by their legal team regarding this policy and it is meant to protect WG from liability.
* For information on grading your watches, please refer to the following post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WatchGang/permalink/1550348661713099/?sale_post_id=15503
* NO GoFundMe links, requesting donations or fundraising. Requests for assistance with fundraising, donations or asking for assistance in general with expenses is NOT ALLOWED to be done in any manner or form. Members are not allowed to ask for funding for GoFundMe campaigns (for any cause), ask for donations to assist other members or hold auctions on the behalf of other members. In addition, no posts should include any reference to needing to sell something off to help with personal debt (copy of bill). These are all things that can be handled personally and not appropriate for a watch exchange group. This includes solicitations for free watches due to lack of funds, being new to the hobby or to assist
with a hardship.
* FIREARMS/GUNS are allowed to be included in posts, such as an EDC photo with your watch. Please remember, this is a watch exchange group and that should be the focus. In other words, THE WATCH MUST BE THE FOCAL POINT OF THE PHOTO, not the gun or other firearm. Any posts that violate this rule WILL BE DELETED, WITHOUT NOTICE.
* Sexually explicit photos, crude content and other adult content are not allowed to be sold or posted on WGE. These posts will be deleted and member removed from the group WITHOUT NOTICE.
* Non-Watch Gang affiliated groups or pages are not permitted to be discussed on WGE.
* NO POLITICAL/RELIGIOUS/RACIAL/SEXUAL topics and/or posts are allowed. Any posts of this nature will be deleted WITHOUT NOTICE. Members who consistently make these types of posts or remarks may be suspended from the group.
* Non-watch related topics are allowed on WGE, but should be limited. However, if the topic is deemed inappropriate, it will be subject to removal without notice. This does not include posts regarding watch accessories and related products, which are allowed.
If you disagree with something in this group, please reach out to a moderator/administrator via PM respectfully or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns or questions. Accordingly, any arguments regarding rules will be deleted. We promise that if you give respect you will receive it in return. Openly disrespectful comments towards and harassment of our moderators will NOT BE TOLERATED and may result in IMMEDIATE removal from WGE. They are here to help with questions and administer the group's rules, so being openly aggressive towards them in a post or via PM is NOT ALLOWED.
Remember that this group is a community and while it is an arm of Watch Gang, it has its own set of rules. Our goal is to offer amazing resources for you in this group but to do so we need you to follow the guidelines. Flaming, bashing or harassing of Watch Gang or its employees will NOT BE ALLOWED. Member or not, if you cannot follow the group’s guidelines, you will be REMOVED from
Please follow these rules as they have been put in place for the benefit of the entire WGE group. Many of them have been developed to address actual issues that the administrative team has dealt with since the group was first established. They are based on lessons learned by the administrative
and moderator teams and have been discussed to ensure that they appropriately address known issues and work to protect our community from future problems. We ask that you respect these rules and follow them as laid out above.